Masters of Skill: Scaling your events with more for less
Scaling your events need not always be an up-hill battle. Whether you're using events as a marketing tool or to galvanise your community, repeated engagements is always a good way to engage your users and a single ad-hoc event would sometimes rarely do the job. Planning for a series of events in advanced will not only help to ensure multiple, recurring touch points, but could result in higher efficiencies that brings about further cost and resource savings by leveraging on the economies of scale. Hear from the Event Organisers who have scaled their events, with less for more.
1) Dave Lim - TEDxSingapore
Dave Lim is a polymath, provocateur, possibilist and pioneer. He is founding curator of the inagural Campus Party in Asia, a multi-disciplinary community and continuous 57-hour human ingenuity festival featuring >150 presenters, labs, hands on workshops and overnight camping. Dave is also a TEDx Ambassador and founder of TEDxSingapore, one of 20 pioneering TEDxs in the world in 2009. 100% community-created, they have curated 45 events, platformed 200 speakers and talents, and grown the community to >150,000 people. Since 1996, he has been founder of Coca-Cola Innovation X, a high tech VC in $1B APAC fund, global partnerships at Earth Hour-WWF HQ, central banker at MAS, educator, volunteer art tour guide. He has studied at Singularity U, Stanford, Berkeley, UNSW and UBC. Dave's favourite quote is "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
2) Jerald Lim - Lopelab, Urban Ventures
Jerald is the leading Project Manager at LOPELAB. With his burning passion for building spaces for individuals to connect, Jerald taps onto his 8 years of experience in the events industry to turn LOPELAB’s ideas of creating human-centric spaces, into reality. With Jerald’s eight-year experience in organising and developing large scale events, he has led his team at LOPELAB to organise four successful Urban Ventures events that received over 50,000 visitors. At Urban Ventures, patrons can always look forward to partying along to great music, art, food, and workshops. As an individual who believes in environmental responsibility, and the importance of connecting like-minded individuals, Jerald founded Green is The New Black and co-founded The Wedge Asia, both of which serve as meaningful platforms for conscious individuals to connect and inspire one another to do more good in the world. Jerald has made it his mission to build communities where people can bond over fantastic vibes, creating meaningful and alternative uses of public spaces that are often overlooked.
More about our venue partner: Found.
Found. is a network of innovation studios where ambitious entrepreneurs and corporates find coaching, expertise, and partners to create future-ready solutions. They are a community of over 2,500 members and alumni, and have supported more than 75 corporates in developing their innovation agendas. They also became Google for Entrepreneurs’ first Southeast Asian partner in 2017. For more information, visit them at: www.found.us
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group. We're in our 16th session!
Am I an "organiser"? Click "read more" below for FAQs.
Backstage Insider & Friends
- If you are a Backstage Insider, we will send you a promo code so that you can redeem a ticket for free.
- You can also invite a friend for free. Simply get your friend to purchase "Friends of Backstage Insider", and upon check in, we will refund the full ticket price.
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, we're all probably one in our own right.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Because: Diversity. Also, don't be a stranger, come meet new friends!
- Who are Backstage Insider tickets for? Subscribers as a Backstage Insider are eligible to attend any three Backstage Pass events in 2017 for free. Backstage Insiders can also invite a friend to purchase Backstage Insider tickets, refundable upon check-in at the event.
- Why isn't the event free? Because we serve up yummy grub at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things change, plans (and sometimes people) go unhinged. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund. No judgement, no questions asked.
- Are you looking for partners? Our resident Growth ninja would love to meet you - please drop us a note. Better yet, come by and say hi!
- Who's behind this kickass event? -> The growth team at Peatix Singapore. Again, come say hi. We won't bite =X
- More questions? Buzz email@example.com
What does your ticket cover?
Light grub, intimate sharing and insights from 3 inspiring speakers, and really, a night of pure fun in meeting others in the community!
Questions? We've got you covered:
- The event description was updated. Diff#361185 2018-08-13 02:51:48
6:45 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
Early Pea SOLD OUT $12.00 Standard Pea SOLD OUT $16.00 "Let's Go Two-gether" (standard x 2) SOLD OUT $25.00
- Venue Address
- 29A Cuppage Road, Cuppage Terrace Singapore
Peatix Singapore1,343 Followers